Renting your movies and games online has become so inexpensive and convenient, that the traditional corner rental stores will soon become extinct. All one must do is to perform a simple cost comparison, evaluating the time and money it takes to rent movies and games at the corner store vs. renting your movies and games at an online site such as Netflix or GameFly.movie123
The Movie & Game Rental Store
To rent movies and games at the corner rental store, you must:
• Drive to and from the store.
• Scan the aisles for your particular movie or game.
• Wait in line to pay for your rentals.
• Get the movies/games back on time to avoid late fees.
Now, let’s examine the cost of the above steps:
• Drive to and from the store ($1.00 – $2.00).
• Browse store for your selection (10 – 40 minutes).
• Rent your movies and games (average 2 per visit, $6.00).
• Wait in line to pay for your rentals (2 – 10 minutes).
So, with the above steps, for two movie/game rentals, you’re looking at an investment of $7.00 – $8.00 (or more) while spending from 12 – 50 minutes making your selection and checking out. Do this just 2 – 3 times per month and you’re looking at spending $21.00 – $24.00 while wasting 48 – 200 minutes. Make just one trip a week to the rental store and you’re looking at about $30.00/month – not including late fees. If you’re rentals are late, add on another $1 per rental, per day. Ouch! That adds up fast.
Renting Your Movies & Games Online
All online movie and game rental sites offer a diverse selection of plans to fit almost any budget. With the premium plans at an online movie rental site, you’ll be spending approximately $15.00 – $18.00 for unlimited movie rentals, with three movies out at a time. That is, you can rent three movies, watch them, and return them (via pre-paid mail) as many times as possible within the course of a month. No driving to the rental store, no spending several minutes wandering the aisles searching for your selections, and no waiting in line. But, best of all, NO LATE FEES! Keep the movies as long as you like and you won’t be charged a penny.
Now, lets examine the steps involved with selecting and renting your movies and games at an online rental site, such as Netflix or GameFly:
• Get online and log on to your account.
• Browse the 1,000’s of movies/games available.
• Select the movie/game you want. Literally, point and “click”.
• Log off and get on with your day.
• Go to the mailbox 1 – 2 business days later.
• Watch your movies and/or play your games.
• Place your rentals back in the mailbox.